SERIES EDITOR: Frederick Lau
University of Hawai‘i Press
- The Korea Foundation has provided financial assistance
- for the undertaking of this publication project.
- © 2017 University of Hawai‘i Press
- All rights reserved
- Printed in the United States of America
- 22 21 20 19 18 17 6 5 4 3 2 1
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Names: Maliangkay, Roald, author.
- Title: Broken voices: postcolonial entanglements and
- the preservation of Korea’s central folksong traditions/
- Roald Maliangkay.
- Description: Honolulu: University of Hawai‘i Press,
-  | Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Identifiers: LCCN 2016059836 | ISBN 9780824866655
- (cloth ; alk. paper)
- Subjects: LCSH: Folk songs, Korean—20th century—History
- and criticism.
- Classification: LCC ML3752.5.M35 2017 |
- DDC 782.42/162957—dc23 LC record available
- at https://lccn.loc.gov/2016059836
- University of Hawai‘i Press books are printed on
- acid-free paper and meet the guidelines for permanence
- and durability of the Council on Library Resources.