- Title Pages
- Series Editor’s Preface
- Note on Languages, Pronunciation, and Names
- 1 Local Monks in Sipsongpannā
- 2 Fortune-Telling and False Monks
- 3 Monks on the Move
- 4 Learning to Read in Village Temples and Chinese Public Schools
- 5 The Fragility of Autonomy
- 6 Transnational Buddhist Education and the Limits of the Buddhist Ethnoscape
- About the Author
- Educating Monks
Thomas A. Borchert
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.