University of Hawai‘i Press
- (p.iv) © 2010 University of Hawai‘i Press
- All rights reserved
- Printed in the United States of America
- 15 14 13 12 11 10 6 5 4 3 2 1
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Zhong, Xueping.
- Mainstream culture refocused : television drama, society, and the
- production of meaning in reform-era China / Zhong Xueping.
- p. cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978-0-8248-3417-3 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- ISBN 978-0-8248-3469-2 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1. Television plays, Chinese—History and criticism. 2. Television—
- Social aspects—China. 3. Popular culture—China. I. Title.
- PL2368.T44Z46 2010
- University of Hawai‘i Press books are printed on acid-free
- paper and meet the guidelines for permanence and durability
- of the Council on Library Resources.
- Designed by University of Hawai‘i Press production staff
- Printed by The Maple-Vail Book Manufacturing Group