- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Part I Modernity as Spectacle/Spectacular Korea
- 1 Dining Out in the Land of Desire
- 2 Shrinking Culture
- Part II Korea as Itinerary
- 3 Travel Guides to the Empire
- 4 Guests of Lineage Houses
- 5 Crafting the Consumability of Place
- Part III Korean Things
- 6 The <i>Changsŭng</i> Defanged
- 7 The “Kimchi Wars” in Globalizing East Asia
- Part IV Korea Performed
- 8 Blurring Tradition and Modernity
- 9 Kugak Fusion and the Politics of Korean Musical Consumption
- Production Notes
- Consuming Korean Tradition in Early and Late Modernity
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.