- Title Pages
- List of Tables
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Origins and Geopolitical Contexts
- 3 Data and Methodologies
- 4 Varieties and Extent of Joint Landownership
- 5 Lay of the Land: <i>Warichi</i> Practice in Iwade Village
- 6 <i>Warichi</i> and Natural Hazard
- 7 Luck of the Draw? Outcomes and Disputes
- 8 Adaptability, Survivability, and Persistent Influences
- 9 Final Reflections
- Appendix A: Sources for Redistribution Interval Data and Coordinate Data, Echigo Villages
- Appendix B: Hikikuji Usage, Supplementary Tables
- About the Author
- Production Notes
- Cultivating Commons
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.