- Title Pages
- Currency, Measurement, and Place-Names
- Chapter 1 Imagining Landscapes
- Chapter 2 Peopling the Southern Pacific
- Chapter 3 Diseased Environments
- Chapter 4 Local Resources
- Chapter 5 Taking Stock
- Chapter 6 Resources for the Metropole
- Chapter 7 The Human Resource
- Chapter 8 Paying for the Damages
- Chapter 9 Close Out
- Chapter 10 Leavings on Landscape
- Chapter 11 Legacies and Visions
- Chapter 12 Remembering Place
- Chapter 13 Places of Memory, Sites of Forgetting
- About the Author
- Production Notes
Was the Environment a Stage or an Actor?
- Natives and Exotics
Judith A. Bennett
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.