'University of Hawai'i Press is pleased to partner with Oxford University Press to launch Hawai'i Scholarship Online on the University Press Scholarship Online (UPSO) platform, making available important scholarly works in an XML-based, digital hosting environment with advanced search functionality. Hawai'i Scholarship Online launches with more than 350 works in the areas of Asian, Pacific, Hawaiian, Asian American, and global studies.
The benefits of UPSO and Hawai'i Scholarship Online for researchers and students include:
- Access to more than 350 titles from University of Hawai'i Press, with new titles added each year
- Discovery of tens of thousands of high-quality works of scholarship—published by the most prestigious presses in the world and now available in a single online library—across the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, medicine, and law
- Personalization of the site, including the ability to save searches and favorite books for quick and easy access in future visits
- A regular publishing schedule that makes cutting-edge works of scholarship available in full-text digital format faster than ever before
- The ability to read online or download a PDF of a chosen chapter for offline, on-the-go reading
With the addition of Hawai'i Scholarship Online on the UPSO platform, University of Hawai'i Press now provides sophisticated integration and search and discovery capabilities, advancing our core mission of disseminating scholarly knowledge as widely as possible.'
— Joel Cosseboom, Interim Director and Publisher, University of Hawai'i Press