- Title Pages
- Abbreviations and Conventions
- 1 The Beginnings of Deathbed Practice in Japan
- 2 A Realm Apart
- 3 Exemplary Death
- 4 Interpreting the Signs
- 5 Anxieties
- 6 Deathbed Attendants
- 7 The Longue Durée of Deathbed Rites
- Appendix: Annotated Bibliography of Deathbed Manuals
- Character Glossary
- About the Author
- Kuroda Institute Studies in East Asian Buddhism
- Right Thoughts at the Last Moment
Jacqueline I. Stone
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.