- Title Pages
- Chapter One Reconstructing Six Kannon from the Tenth to the Twelfth Centuries
- Chapter Two A Vision at Six Kannon Lake and Six Kannon/Six Kami in Kyushu
- Chapter Three Traveling Sets and Ritual Performance
- Chapter Four The Six-Syllable Sutra Ritual Mandala and the Six Kannon
- Chapter Five Painting the Six Kannon
- Chapter Six Bodies and Benefits
- Epilogue Searching for Stones in the Unstable Landscape of Kannon
- Appendix: Inscriptions
- Character Glossary
- About the Author
- Accounts and Images of Six Kannon in Japan
Sherry D. Fowler
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.