- Title Pages
- Introduction Nativism, Exceptionalism, Emics, and Etics
- Chapter One Kokugaku, Nativism, and “Exceptional” Japan
- Chapter Two Sonnō-jō’i
- Chapter Three Proving Uniqueness and Asserting Superiority
- Chapter Four Seventeenth-Century Tokugawa Exceptionalism
- Chapter Five From Exceptionalism to Nativism
- Conclusion Transcending Confucian Hierarchy with a Logocentric Binary
- About the Author
- Like No Other
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.