- Title Pages
- Chapter One “The Civilizing Mission” and the Historiographical Context
- Chapter Two Northern Perceptions of the Pre-Sinitic South
- Chapter Three The Sinitic Accommodation with the South
- Chapter Four Social Innovation in the Eleventh Century and the Debates on Civilization
- Chapter Five The Central Coast through the Eighth Century
- Chapter Six The Sinitic Encounter
- Chapter Seven Cults of the Sinitic Era
- Chapter Eight Civilizing the God of Baidu
- Chapter Nine Conclusions
- About the Author
- The Sinitic Encounter in Southeast China through the First Millennium CE
Hugh R. Clark
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.