- Title Pages
- Part I Change Over Time
- Chapter 1 Work and Life in Challenging Times
- Chapter 2 Being a Man in a Straitened Japan
- Part II Work Conditions and Experiences
- Chapter 3 Working Women of the Bubble Generation
- Chapter 4 “Making an Ant’s Forehead of Difference”
- Chapter 5 Shelf Lives and the Labors of Loss
- Part III Exploring New Roles and Identities
- Chapter 6 Single Women in Marriage and Employment Markets in Japan
- Chapter 7 The Aging of the Japanese Family
- Chapter 8 Barrier-Free Brothels
- Part IV Making Social Ties
- Chapter 9 Recreating Connections
- Chapter 10 The Divination Arts in Girl Culture
- Part V Persisting Patterns and Continuities
- Chapter 11 Education after the “Lost Decade(s)”
- Chapter 12 Lightweight Cars and Women Drivers
- Chapter 13 The Story of a Seventy-Three-Year-Old Woman Living Alone
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.