- Title Pages
- Note on East Asian Names and Terms
- Chapter 1 The <i>Maria Luz</i> Incident
- Chapter 2 Disputing Rights
- Chapter 3 Gender in the Arena of the Courts
- Chapter 4 Adultery and Gender Equality in Modern Japan, 1868–1948
- Chapter 5 Of Pity and Poison
- Chapter 6 Burning Down the House
- Chapter 7 <i>Sim-pua</i> under the Colonial Gaze
- Chapter 8 Japanese Colonialism, Gender, and Household Registration
- Chapter 9 A New Perspective on the “Name-Changing Policy” in Korea
- Production Notes
- Gender and Law in the Japanese Imperium
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.