- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 The Active Environment of the Ryukyus
- Chapter 3 Pleistocene Inhabitants
- Chapter 4 Arriving and Settling
- Chapter 5 Surviving in the Archipelago
- Chapter 6 Exchange Networks and the Lure of Tropical Shells
- Chapter 7 The Gusuku Period (AD 1050 to 1429)
- Chapter 8 Ryukyu Trade in the Gusuku and Early Ryukyu Kingdom Periods
- Chapter 9 The Early Ryukyu Kingdom (AD 1429 to 1609)
- Chapter 10 Discussion and Conclusions
- Appendix 1 Building a Chronology of Trade Ceramics
- Appendix 2 The Successive Rulers of the Chūzan or Ryukyu Kingdom
- References Cited
- About the Author
- Production Notes
- Ancient Ryukyu
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.