- Title Pages
- Note on Conventions
- Selected Timeline of Indies and Indonesian Histories
- Introduction The Afterwardsness of History
- Chapter 1 Desire, Phantoms, and Commodities
- Chapter 2 At Home and Not at Home in Empire
- Chapter 3 A Neurotic Family Romance of Modernity and the National Form
- Chapter 4 The End of the Nationalist Romance
- Chapter 5 Trauma and Its Doubles in Postcolonial Masculinity
- Chapter 6 Masculinist Trauma and Feminist Melancholia
- Afterword Trauma, Translation, and a Critical Path
- Selected Bibliography
- About The Author
- Production Notes
- Situated Testimonies
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.