- Title Pages
- Part I East Meets West, Again: Trying Translations
- Chapter 1 Lady Chatterley’s Censor (1951–1957)
- Chapter 2 The Legacy of <i>Chatterley</i>
- Part II Pinks, Pornos, and Politics
- Chapter 3 Dirt for Politics’ Sake
- Chapter 4 Dirt for Money’s Sake
- Part III The Canon under Fire
- Chapter 5 Pornographic Adaptations of the Classics
- Chapter 6 Kafū
- Part IV Trying Text and Image
- Chapter 7 A Picture’s Worth a Thousand Words
- Chapter 8 Japan’s First Manga Trial
- Abbreviations Used in Citations and Sources
- Works Cited
- Studies of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute Columbia University
- About the Author
- Production Notes
- The Art of Censorship in Postwar Japan
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.