Edited by Ronald G. Knapp and Xing Ruan
House Home Family: Living and Being Chinese Edited by Ronald G. Knapp and Kai-Yin Lo
Allegorical Architecture: Living Myth and Architectonics in Southern China Xing Ruan
Chinese Architecture and the Beaux-Arts Edited by Jeffrey W. Cody, Nancy S. Steinhardt, and Tony Atkin
Architecture and Metaphor: Song Culture in the Yingzao Fashi Building Manual Jiren Feng
Original Copies: Architectural Mimicry in Contemporary China Bianca Bosker
China’s Contested Capital: Architecture, Ritual, and Response in Nanjing Charles D. Musgrove
Architecture and Urbanism in Modern Korea Inha Jung
The Hermit’s Hut: Architecture and Asceticism in India Kazi K. Ashraf
University of Hawai‘i Press Honolulu
- (p.iv) © 2013 University of Hawai‘i Press
- All rights reserved
- Printed in the United States of America
- 18 17 16 15 14 13 6 5 4 3 2 1
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Ashraf, Kazi Khaleed, author.
- The hermit’s hut : architecture and asceticism in India /
- Kazi K. Ashraf.
- pages cm. — (Spatial habitus)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978-0-8248-3583-5 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1. Buddhist architecture—India. 2. Asceticism—Buddhism.
- I. Title. II. Series: Spatial habitus (Series)
- NA6001.a86 2013
- This volume was published with the support of the
- School of Pacific and Asian Studies, University of Hawai‘i.
- University of Hawai‘i Press books are printed on acid-free
- paper and meet the guidelines for permanence and durability
- of the Council on Library Resources.
- Designed by Integrated Composition Systems, Spokane, WA
- Printed by Edwards Brothers Malloy