- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- Introduction “One and Many” as an Ontological Problem
- Part One Textual Studies
- Chapter 1 Ge Hong’s Doctrine of Xuan Dao
- Chapter 2 Plato’s Answer to the Pre-Socratic Debate
- Chapter 3 Ge Hong’s Preservation of the One
- Chapter 4 Plato’s Doctrine of Forms
- Chapter 5 Two Forms of Enlightenment
- Chapter 6 Ge Hong’s Doctrine of Immortal Beings
- Part Two Comparative Ontology
- Chapter 7 Nothing
- Chapter 8 The One
- Chapter 9 The Many
- Conclusion Comparative Methodology
- About the Author
- Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy Monograph Series
- Production Notes
- One and Many
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.