- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 These Little Instruments, of Which They Are So Fond
- Chapter 2 The Sound of Pa, Ko, Li
- Chapter 3 The National Instrument of Hawaii
- Chapter 4 Have You Seen the Bouncing Flea?
- Chapter 5 A Landscape Set to Music
- Chapter 6 A Craze of the Frisco Exposition
- Chapter 7 The Height of Its Popularity
- Chapter 8 Made of a New Gleaming Plastic Material
- Chapter 9 The Growing Underground Movement
- Appendix A Chronological List of Early Hawaiian Luthiers
- Appendix B Annotated Checklist of Selected ‘Ukulele Methods and Songbooks, 1894–1920
- About the Authors
- Production Notes
- The Ukulele
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.