- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Rattan and a Changing World
- Chapter 2 The Ecology, Diversity, and Climbing Prowess of Rattan
- Chapter 3 Historical and Current Uses of Rattan
- Chapter 4 Forest Communities and Rattan Management
- Chapter 5 From Forest to Furniture Boutique
- Chapter 6 Rattan and Household Livelihood
- Chapter 7 The History of a Sulawesi Rattan Village
- Chapter 8 Cane Gathering: Nuisances, Risks, and Pain
- Chapter 9 Sustainable Harvesting: A Local View
- Chapter 10 Rattan Cultivation: Rich History, Uncertain Future
- Chapter 11 Rattan, Religion, and Family Planning
- Chapter 12 Conclusion: Daud, Our Sons, and the Future
- About the Author
- Production Notes
- The Nature and Culture of Rattan
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.