- Title Pages
- List of Figures and Tables
- Notes on Terms
- 1 The Silk Road of the Sea: A Beginning
- 2 Edo Period Riches
- 3 Murotsu and the Meiji Revolution, 1868
- 4 The Political Culture of the Meiji Village
- 5 Ritual Culture and Political Power
- 6 Overseas Migration at the Turn of the Twentieth Century
- 7 The Transnational Hometown: Zenith and Decline
- 8 Bridging the Postwar Divide
- 9 <i>Furusato</i> Boom, Kaminoseki Bust
- 10 Nuclear Decision
- 11 Atomic Power, Community Fission
- 12 The Silk Road of the Sea: An Ending
- Production Notes
- Hard Times in the Hometown
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.