- Title Pages
- 1 Western-Style Painting
- 2 Japanese Painting from Edo to Meiji
- 3 The Expanding Arts of the Interwar Period
- 4 Sensō Sakusen Kirokuga
- 5 From Resplendent Signs to Heavy Hands
- 6 How Gendai Bijutsu Stole the “Museum”
- 7 Fashion Altars, Performance Factors, and Pop Cells
- 8 The Creation of the Vocabulary of Aesthetics in Meiji Japan
- 9 Okakura Tenshin and Aesthetic Nationalism
- 10 Japanese Art Criticism
- 11 Sculpture
- 12 Can Architecture Be Both Modern and “Japanese”?
- 13 The Modern Japanese Garden
- 14 Japanese Prints 1868–2008
- 15 Aspects of Twentieth-Century Crafts
- 16 Japanese Calligraphy since 1868
- 17 Adoption, Adaptation, and Innovation
- Production Notes
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.