- Title Pages
- Translator’s Introduction
- Chapter 1 Perspectives on Kokuji, the National Script
- Chapter 2 Genbun Itchi and Kokugo
- Chapter 3 The Creation of Kokugo
- Chapter 4 The Early Period of Ueda Kazutoshi
- Chapter 5 Kokugo and Kokka
- Chapter 6 From Kokugo Studies to Kokugo Politics
- Chapter 7 Hoshina Kōichi—a Forgotten Scholar
- Chapter 8 The History of Kokugogaku
- Chapter 9 Tradition and Reform in Kokugo
- Chapter 10 The Ideology of Hyōjungo
- Chapter 11 Korea and Poland
- Chapter 12 What Is Assimilation?
- Chapter 13 Manchukuo and the State Language
- Chapter 14 Language for the Co-Prosperity Sphere and the Internationalization of the Japanese Language
- Chapter 15 Conclusion
- About the Author and Translator
- Production Notes
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.