- Title Pages
- Illustrations and Tables
- Part I Introduction
- Chapter 1 A World Apart?
- Chapter 2 The Role of Disease
- Chapter 3 Colonial Realities and Population Decline
- Chapter 4 Interpreting the Evidence
- Chapter 5 Conquest and Depopulation before 1600
- Chapter 6 Wars and Missionaries in the Seventeenth-Century Visayas
- Chapter 7 Manila and Tondo
- Chapter 8 Southwest Luzon
- Chapter 9 Bikol
- Chapter 10 Pampanga and Bulacan
- Chapter 11 Ilocos and Pangasinan
- Chapter 12 Cagayan
- Chapter 13 Interior Luzon
- Chapter 14 Demographic Change in the Early Spanish Philippines
- About the Author
- Production Notes
- Conquest and Pestilence in the Early Spanish Philippines
Linda A. Newson
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.