- Title Pages
- Nautical Glossary and Abbreviations
- Chapter One Sailors, Myths, and Traditions
- Chapter Two The First Pacific Seafarers
- Chapter Three Settlements, Territories, and Trade
- Chapter Four The Arrival of Foreign Ships
- Chapter Five Pacific Commercial Shipowners
- Chapter Six Under Foreign Sail
- Chapter Seven Dangers, Mutinies, and the Law
- Chapter Eight Companies, Colonies, and Crewing
- Chapter Nine Island Protests and Enterprises
- Chapter Ten Contemporary Local and Regional Shipping
- Chapter Eleven The Global Pacific Seafarer
- About the Author
- Production Notes
- Sailors and Traders
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.