- Title Pages
- A Brief Preface
- Chapter One Setting the Stage
- Chapter Two Images of Nuns in the Writings of Seventeenth-Century Monks
- Chapter Three The Making of a Woman Chan Master
- Chapter Four Qiyuan Xinggang as Abbess, Dharma Teacher, and Religious Exemplar
- Chapter Five Passing on the Lamp
- Chapter Six From Hengzhou to Hangzhou
- Chapter Seven From Wise Mother to Chan Master
- Chapter Eight Reviving the Worlds of Literary Chan
- Chapter Nine From Beijing to Jiangnan
- A Brief Epilogue
- Selected Bibliography
- About the Author
- Eminent Nuns
- University of Hawai'i Press
Hawaii Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.